1. Provisional bookings will be held for 7 days after initial agreement. All bookings are confirmed only after the deposit has been paid and the booking form has been received. Tree Top Escape reserves the right to cancel your venue hire if payment conditions are not upheld. Receipt of your first booking payment confirms your acceptance of all terms and conditions.
2. The booking form constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. The hirer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by, or on behalf of Tree Top Escape, which is not set out on the booking form.
3. A 33% first payment of the venue hire is needed to secure the booking. 12 weeks before arrival at Tree Top Escape the balance is due in full. Any additional requests after the balance are to be paid in full 2 weeks prior to the event. If a situation occurs for an extra request within 2 weeks of the event this must be paid in full at the time of the request. VAT is charged at the current rate of 20%, if the VAT rate changes, prices for new bookings and any unpaid monies will change accordingly.
4. On execution of the online booking, the hirer shall be entitled to a cooling off period of 7 days only, in which they may cancel the contract without financial obligation. Should payment be made prior to day 7, any refund will incur administration fees (which equates to 25% of deposit paid.).
5. Deposit payments after the 7 days cooling off period following completion of the online booking form (via supercontrol or by phone), is non-refundable or transferable. In the event of a cancellation, the following cancellation charges will be applied: 12 - 26 weeks prior to event – 50% of the venue hire & accommodation. Failure to comply with agreed settlement amounts will result in cancellation of our services until balances are settled.
6. If cancellation is made in writing less than 12 weeks prior to the event then 100% of the venue hire balance will be payable. We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate insurance for cover of any unforeseen cancellation. In the event of cancellation, we regret that pre-payments and deposits will not be refunded under any circumstances. Cancellations must be sent in writing. Should we not be informed of your cancellation in writing, Tree Top Escape will look to recover the full balance due.
7. The Hirer is required to obtain wedding insurance for your event. If you need to cancel your booking, Tree Top Escape will liaise with your insurance company to resolve any matters arising from your decision to cancel. Please not all deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable without exception.
8. Access to the property by the Hirer or persons engaged by the Hirer is strictly by appointment only.
9. The Hirer is solely responsible for booking and paying of a Registrar.
10. Tree Top Escape welcomes one well behaved dog to stay in the accommodation for £50 per stay. Pets are permitted in the Nest for ceremonies by prior arrangement subject to the owner and hirer of Tree Top Escape accepting full liability for their pets’ actions.
11. Tree Top Escape is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty; the throwing of confetti is limited to natural petals. A clear up charge of £100 will be applied if any other confetti is thrown. It is your responsibility to ensure that your guests are aware of this prior to the event.
12. During the event, guests are only permitted to congregate within the specified areas of the grounds, please note that no guests other than guests staying in the accommodation are allowed to enter unless by prior arrangement. If this is not adhered to we will automatically take the full damage waiver. There is a no smoking policy inside the Nest, Meadow Room and Tree Top Escape but there are designated smoking areas within the grounds.
13. It is advised that a responsible adult supervises all children at all times. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy Tree Top Escape and surroudings, please note that care must be taken and guests are reminded not to approach the animals within the grounds.
14. The Hirer is responsible for the behaviour and actions of their guests while at Tree Top Escape. Inappropriate behaviour may result in your event being stopped early or cancelled. Guests may be asked to leave the grounds if their behaviour is threatening, aggressive, anti-social, or damaging in any way to the venue. In this circumstance your full support is required.
15. The Hirer shall pay for any loss or damage to any part of the Tree Top Escape premises, or to any fixtures, fittings and equipment, caused by the Hirer, guest of Hirer or Hirer’s external contractor. We will not be held responsible for damage to any article brought onto the premises. We strongly advise you take out appropriate insurance. Tree Top Escape will not be held responsible in any way should the event not proceed, nor for any gifts or property bought in during the event.
16. Tree Top Escape shall not be responsible for the failure to provide the contracted facilities in the event of it being prevented from doing so as a result of “Force Majeure” or any other cause beyond its control. This includes industrial disputes, orders or regulations issued by Central Government, Riots, Floods or Fire Epidemics. Tree Top Escape will not be responsible for any loss or damage or costs as a result.
17. No additional amplified music is permitted in the Nest, Tree Top Escape or surrounding area. Please note that regulations imposed by the Registrar prohibit the use of “religious music” during a wedding ceremony. If there is any doubt to this, please check directly with them.
18. For fire & security reasons we need a list of all guests who will be attending the event.
19. All vehicles are parked in the designated parking areas at the owner’s risk. Tree Top Escape cannot be held responsible for any damage to vehicles whilst on site. Vehicles are not permitted at Tree Top Escape over night unless by prior arrangement or for guests staying at Tree Top Escape.
20. We cannot accept responsibility for outside contractors and service providers (including those on our preferred suppler list). We recommend that you sight your suppliers’ PLI (public liability insurance) prior to booking and are satisfied that they have the adequate ability and insurance to perform the service you require.
21. Tree Top Escape will not be responsible for any loss of guests’ personal property. We have a 7-day lost and found policy. It is the guests’ responsibility to check for all personal belongings before departure from the grounds. Any items found after guests have departed can to be sent to the guest at their expense.
22. Suppliers to Tree Top Escape are restricted to those on our suppliers list found on our website www.treetopescape.co.uk. This will be updated from time to time. Exceptions to this have to be approved and confirmed in writing prior the final balance payment.
23. If an exceptional level of damage to Tree Top Escape property or cleaning is required post event, the cost will be charged to the Hirer.
24. If guests are staying at Millbrook Cottages or Rose Cottage, they must adhere to the terms and conditions and respect other guests staying on site.
25. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of your event at Tree Top Escape, in order to investigate and resolve we require written notification within 14 days of your event. Issues addressed after this period will not be considered.
26. There will be a £300 damage waiver required during your stay @ TTE. This will be held and details taken from you prior to your arrival. Any items consumed or purchased during your stay will be automatically deducted from this payment. We will write to you to confirm payment taken. If any damage is discovered, we will take the full £300 payment whilst confirming the cost to rectify and will refund as soon as possible if applicable.
Thank you for choosing to book with Tree Top Escape, please find below our terms and conditions of booking, if there are any points which you would like to discuss please give us a call on 01769 629069 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
1. Bookings are none transferable and only rented to the guest names as given on booking.
2. Deposit payments after the 7 days cooling off period following completion of the online booking form, (via supercontrol or by phone) is non-refundable or transferable. In the event of a cancellation, the following cancellation charges will be applied: 12 - 26 weeks prior to event – 50% of the venue hire & accommodation. Failure to comply with agreed settlement amounts will result in cancellation of our services until balances are settled.
3. If cancellation is made in writing less than 12 weeks prior to the event then 100% of the venue hire balance will be payable. We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate insurance for cover of any unforeseen cancellation. In the event of cancellation, we regret that pre-payments and deposits will not be refunded under any circumstances. Cancellations must be sent in writing. Should we not be informed of your cancellation in writing, Tree Top Escape will look to recover the full balance due.
4. There will be a £300 damage waiver required during your stay @ TTE. This will be held and details taken from you prior to your arrival. Any items consumed or purchased during your stay will be automatically deducted from this payment. We will write to you to confirm payment taken. If any damage is discovered, we will take the full £300 payment whilst confirming the cost to rectify and will refund as soon as possible if applicable.
5. Any complaint must be notified immediately to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation. We will not be held responsible for any complaint not notified during the period of your holiday. 6. Any damage or breakage must be notified and paid for immediately. We will not normally charge for accidental damage of a minor nature, but it should still be notified to us in order that we can repair or replace the damaged objects. We advise guests to check their cottage itinerary on arrival to avoid any unnecessary charges.
7. You are also required to familiarise your self and your guests with the guidance for safe usage for the Hot Tub which is found in the accommodation. We accept no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage experienced by any guest, visitor, vehicle or their belongings, however caused. It should be noted that leisure facilities are unsupervised and it is a parents responsibility to ensure that children are adequately supervised and to ensure that safety regulations are complied with.
8. In order to safe guard the comfort and security of our guests staying at Tree Top Escape, please do not exceed the maximum number of guests at any one time. We retain the right to ask any unauthorised person or vehicle to leave immediately. This includes group gatherings in Tree Top Escape. Tree Top Escape and facilities are for the use of guests staying on site only, over occupancy and visitors are not permitted within the grounds.
9. Please leave Tree Top Escape clean and tidy on departure.
10. Please be mindful of other guests staying on site at all times and respect their peace and tranquillity. Tree Top Escape has a zero tolerance of anti social behaviour and any illegal substances.
11. In the interest of security, only guests staying in the accommodation whose names have been provided at point of booking are permitted on the grounds at Tree Top Escape. This applies to any wedding guests, suppliers or friends/family, in order to protect the security of guest staying on site, our team will regularly make contact with guests.
12. Please refer to your check in times as detailed in your booking summary. If it is not possible to arrive on your changeover day, we will need to be notified of the date and time of your arrival in advance.
13. Tree Top Escape welcomes one well behaved dog at £50 per stay. Tree Top Escape is dog friendly but we ask our guests to be responsible dog owners. Please see www.treetopescape.co.uk/dog-friendly.php. Tree Top Escape does not allow smoking. Please ensure that you are aware of the conditions before booking.
14. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available at Tree Top Escape for staying and wedding guests. Because the network is shared by many across the Estate, we need everyone to use it in an appropriate way to ensure a quick service for all. By connecting to the wireless network, you are agreeing to abide by our fair usage policy. Examples of prohibited use are as follows; illegal / criminal activity, security violations, threats, offensive material or spam. We also ask that users do not undertake large amounts of streaming or downloading (over 1GB per day). If you break the terms of this policy we will disconnect you from the network with no warning. If you have any questions please ask.